THEORETICAL AND APPLIED MECHANICS LETTERS
836 days ago
Co-published by the AIP and the Chinese Society of Theoretical and Applied
Mechanics, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics Letters will be an essential source of groundbreaking
research from scientists worldwide.
TAML will be published bimonthly, and will contain short, original
articles in all areas of theoretical and applied mechanics, as well as
in engineering-related fields, including:
- Aerospace and aeronautical engineering
- Coastal and ocean engineering
- Environment and energy engineering
- Biomedical engineering
- Mechanical and transportation engineering
- Civil and hydraulic engineering
Two of the most influential scientists in the field of mechanics serve
as co-editors--Prof. Jiachun Li, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Prof.
Yonggang Huang, Northwestern University. Teaming these well-respected
researchers with AIP's extensive STM publishing experience and
leading-edge hosting technology guarantees that results will be
disseminated rapidly--and with greater online functionality--to more
Please note that you can view the journal through the following link:
This post has not been tagged
Library Orientation for first year, and new to Wits students, will take place from Monday 14th February to Friday 18th February 2011. During this period, walk-in sessions will be offered daily from 12:30-13:00 and 13:05-13:35, in the electronic Classroom (ECR), 1st Floor, Wartenweiler Library, East Campus.
The objectives are to:
- Introduce students to the various Campus Libraries.
- Using the eWITS catalogue to find library resources.
- Feature library services which will assist student learning on campus.
Working with personalized features on the library catalogue, creating a pin to access electronic information, changing email addresses, renewing books, booking videos, booking short loan items etc.
All students are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the library system by attending one of the walk-in sessions.
Library Orientation mainly for first year students will take place from Monday 14th February to Friday 18th February 2011. During this period, walk-in sessions will be offered daily from 12:30 -13:00 and 13:05-13:35, in the Electronic Classroom (ECR), 1st Floor, Wartenweiler Library, East Campus. The purpose is to:
- Introduce students to the various Campus libraries and using the eWITS catalogue and the Library web site to find information resources of many kinds.
- Introduce the system of shelf numbers and subject arrangement, of all Library material, and the location codes that link them to particular libraries, providing a detailed location or "address" for each item in the Library system.
- Demonstrate and get students to practice using the eWits catalogue to find a book from a typical reading list anywhere in the library, and how to select appropriate reading materials.
All students are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Library System.