Enterprise document management - dms 1.0.0 alpha
This is to announce the first release of enterprise document managenent system. It extends (and duplicates some of the functionality) of the filemanager module in chisimba. The system is implemented as a module in chisimba, named dms. Its an alpha release . Some of the feautures available are:
1231 days ago
- Folders: Create /rename/ delete folders
- All uploaded docs are assigned ref nos
- Admin assigns view/read/write permissions per folder to users
- Icon preview for files
- Download of uploaded files, the download link is hidden to avoid illegal donwloads
- Upload directory outside the webroot folder for security reasons
- Fileupload manager ...gives upload progress
- Easy to use 'dolphin' like files explorer developed using ext-gwt.
Bugs, assignments, live chat and filemanager
1006 days ago
ELearning Dev update: In the past week or so, we have managed to bag 9 bugs (yeah, these were needing attention for sometime now). The development team has a new member, and that means we are going to attack them much more faster. We are handling some feature requests too, case in point: Assignments. For starters, someone forgot that assignments can be submitted as pdf uploads. Of course until a user alerted us a bout 2 days ago. Assignments can also be created via worgroups, Group Assignments they are called. The LiveChat module seems to be progressing fine, it is actually usable, but it needs a little more polishing etc. The unique thing about LiveChat is it is actually a component of the Virtual Classroom, which is also going to see light of the day in production very soon (am horrible with dates). And we did updates to the filemanager too. Most importantly was reducing the number of steps (clicks) required to insert a file in an editor, or even selecting a photo for your profile. From 3 steps to just a single click.