Retrospective Government Gazettes Archive
1084 days ago
"Please ignore prompt for username and password. Proceed to the information below this which allows I.P authentication:"
Sabinet is proud to announce the launch of our Retrospective Government Gazette Archive.
Sabinet has received many requests from clients to develop a product to supply access to Gazettes older than 1994. As a result we have developed our Retrospective Government Gazette Archive which gives fast and easy access to the full text of Government Gazettes from 1910 to 1993.
Says Rosalind Hattingh, Managing Director of Sabinet: "Manually searching for gazetted information, especially older information, to support claims, cases and arguments can be tedious and frustrating, not to mention costly in terms of man hours and delays. Sabinet thus dedicated a project team to scan and process Government Gazettes from 1910 to 1993, making them available online to subscribers."
Subscribers to Sabinet's Retrospective Government Gazette Archive will be able to easily search for the information they need, using an efficient Google-like search interface. An automatic ranking process ensure that the document searched for is likely to be displayed in the first few results of the search. And with faceted browsing, which enables finding the required document even when there is a large amount of uncertainty, searching is made easier.
What does this service offer?
A quality service
Immediate full text access to Government Gazettes from 1910 to 1993, including all Government Gazettes from 1948 to 1993 as well as most of the Government Gazettes from 1910 to 1947. Although there are some isolated Government Gazettes from the earlier years not yet available on the system, the team are working non-stop to add these documents to ensure an excellent product.
- Clients are alerted on the system about the progress made with adding the mentioned Gazettes on the system.
- More enrichment (metadata) is continuously being added to the documents to add more value to this service.
A product you can trust
- Sabinet is South Africa`s first supplier of online Gazettes and has been in the online information industry for more than 27 years.
- This product offers very efficient Google-like searches with quick response times.
- An automatic ranking process ensures that your document will most likely be displayed on top or within the first few results.
- Faceted browsing makes it even easier for you to find your required document.
Saving storage space and cost
- More than 22 000 Government Gazettes are currently available via this product. Storage for the paper copies of these Gazettes can be a big expense and takes up a lot of space.